Analytics header

Friday, March 27, 2009

Experimenting with the "New Rules of Marketing"

During the last few years I have been learning and experimenting with the concepts of "The new rules of marketing", David Meerman Scott (see his blog). I must say that it has been a great learning experience. The latest exploit is helping my Wife to promote the rental of her mother’s house. We found a semi free website that allow listing of rentals. We made sure that it ranked high in a relevant Google search. Then we created a Facebook group and thus we started to promote it through our online social network, which apart from FaceBook also included Twitter, LinkedIn, and this blog of course. It is really kind of an experiment but I really love to see how it unfolds. My Wife is ecstatic about how quickly you can reach out to people for help in promoting it.  She is constantly on Facebook looking at how many people joined the group. Yes I know that is not directly equal to somebody actually renting it but it still has a certain buzz to it. 

I have been doing similarly in building my personal brand and also marketing the sub division that I live in. We have created a blog that is used to exchange and share information with our members, a Twitter profile to send updates and information around, a Facebook group, and a Google profile. I must say that it has taken much longer than I expected to gain momentum. However I have been receiving very positive feedback about how well this works and more, and more of our members are starting to use all these different resources. Of course there is the added value of promoting our neighborhood allowing people that may be interested in a home purchase to get a peek at our community and the people who live there – hopefully this will also help our real estate value.

5 comments:

David Meerman Scott said...

Wow. Glad that you are experimenting and that things are working out. We're all learning as we go along as these tools are all new. THanks for mentioning my book.

Gilad Langer said...

Thanks for reading my blog and the encouraging words.

johan32 said...

The internet marketing is a quickly developing method and with the help of this approach, you can easily reach out to the maximum numbers of customers that are interested in buying your services/products. I also have a website and for its promotions I use the Google Adwords Campaign Management service from an expert team.

damion said...

HP2-H88 exam dumps Exact2Pass study guides, dumps and practice questions and answers provide you worthwhile help for the preparation of your exam syllabus; both in practical and theoretical terms.

Making Nachos said...

Innteresting read